The destruction of Somali State government in 1991, Somaliland restores its independent from Somalia, reconstruction and restoration immediately from the scratch, where infrastructure of governmental measures destroyed, Somaliland Education Passed Challenges and Obstacles rather than current perspective Education, Recently there are number of Students graduated National Universities on designated degree distinction,(Arts, Science and Social Science Studies),
This Paper will Prospect Somaliland higher Education Challenges and Opportunity on relevant comparative analysis to the International values of Education, the availability of Somaliland Current Educations and International Standards, as well forward steps in future Progress, Considering Quality of Higher Education, University Standards, The Criteria of Opening University and Learning Methodologies.
Public and Private University both responsible for the Ministry of Education and Higher Studies, Private University owned by individuals enlarged Somaliland, This caused that the higher Education of Somaliland become Commercial Purpose, every person can open University without having the skills and Infrastructure facilities, The MoEHS disseminate Principle guidance for establishing Universities for examine on Quality Assurance and Quality Control of Education(QC/QA), (The University Fulfill The Requirement and Criteria Of Opening University), The role of Ministry has become less and leakage, Information from the ministry reveal that higher Education Policies and Regulation soon conducted and implement effectively, Initiating higher Education Institutions is not like food Products it is need academic requirement and credential Procedures
Last two decades as the Education Mechanisms of Somaliland progressed which was sometime student sit stones and roofless schools/(rooms) as well short of teachers, in that period there were no Universities, the first University established in Somaliland was Amoud University in 1998, the second was University of Hargeisa 2000 situated in the Capital City, Until this time there were no much development in terms of Capacity Building, Innovation Agriculture, Researches, Social Improvement and Economic Growth Structure. Apart from a few potential medical doctors which were graduated Amoud and Hargeisa University those made good Improvements.
There were a number of graduates from the Universities of Somaliland, but their standards required is not as set – “Particularly Private Universities and Schools, at The End of Each Year (Their Academic Calendar) Every University Exhibited Graduate with its reflection of Marketing and Exhibition, rather Than Competing Quality Education and reliable Graduates”
Somaliland Higher Education Opportunity
Accordingly, the historical perspective of Somaliland education was rich and Potential, while Somaliland was British Protectors, Somaliland model of education was British standards and Curriculum.
Importance of Opportunities is The Peaceful, Stability, Educational Infrastructures, Modern Technological Version, while diaspora back to their home for sharing experience. The MoEHS should play roles and responsibility as;
- Establishing Primary and Higher Education Policies and Regulation to develop the status of Somaliland Education
- The Role of “Somaliland Higher Education Commission” should effective and lead Somaliland Higher Education’s Systems
- Regular Monitoring, Evaluation and Supervising Universities with certifying Education Mechanisms, Curriculum, Educational Standards, Faculties Providing, and Quantifiable Lectures/ Professors.
Somaliland Higher Education Challenges
“Without the role of Ministry Education and Higher studies, Somaliland Education would not have been developed, unless otherwise the stakeholders of Education (Ministry, Universities and Schools) Performance on Strategic Plan of Education”
The Ministry of Education Initiated “Somaliland National Education Policy”  compiled with the strategic plan, the document in-place as it was established, and there are vital challenges among the education of Somaliland.
- Lack of Proper Implementation of Policies and Regulation among the stakeholders of Education (Ministry and Universities)- Universities does not like to have follow this Policies and Regulation, for not seen their interest and sometime Policies and Regulation should have specifications and conditions(for example, Opening University Requirement, They may not full the required and conditions of Opening University)
- Ministry of Education and Higher Studies and Higher Education Commission jointly invite Stakeholder of Education(Public and Private) to discuss the gaps of Education, Policies and Educational Procedures Implementations
- Play roles of each institution (Ministry of Education and Higher Studies and Higher Education Commission) should have regular Monitoring and Supervision for the Universities and School for Implementation of “National Education Policies” Sectorial Concerns.
- Ministry of Education and Higher Studies strictly certify Secondary Education Models and without Prior Authorization of Private Secondary School.
- The Ministry of Higher Education and Higher Education Commission should establish a platforms and approaches of Implementing ‘ National Education Policies, Procedures , bylaws and Educational Facilities”
Abdisamad Hassan Mohamed
- Public Administration and Public Policy
+252 63 4473288
 MoEHS Ministry of Education and Higher Studies
 Somaliland Higher Education Commission is a legal Institution which is responsible for higher education’s Policies and Programs- University Establishment, Colleges and higher Education Initiations (The HEC act is pending, under the Parliament for approval.
 This is more related university internal structures and Policies, MoEHS should aware their quality and standards
 Somaliland National Education Policy is an Established policy responsible for the ministry of education and higher studies, this policy is an existing and development.