A high-level delegation from the Republic of Somaliland met with Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, the UAE’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs, on Wednesday.
The high-level delegation, led by the Vice-President of the Republic of Somaliland, Abdirahman Ismail Saylici, spoke with Sheikh Mansour about the ongoing drought relief effort in Somaliland and the future UAE Military base.
Sheikh Mansour is a member of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi and also heads the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development – an autonomous foreign aid agency affiliated with the Government of Abu Dhabi.
The delegation will be in Abu Dhabi for the next few days to seek urgent relief for drought-stricken areas and finalize the details of the of the recently approved military base agreement between the Government of the Republic of Somaliland and the Government of the United Arab Emirates.
Members of the high-level Somaliland delegation:
- Vice-President Abdirahman Ismail Saylici
- Minister of Foreign Affairs, Saad Ali Shire
- Minister of Defence, Ahmed Haji Ali Adami
- Minister of Public Works, Cali Hassan Mohamed
- Minister of Aviation, Farhan Adan Haybe
- Minister of Technology and Parliamentary Affairs, Ali Hamud Jibril
- Minister of State for Presidential Affairs, Ahmed Hashi Abdi
- Somaliland’s Representative to the UAE, Bashe Awil Haji Omar
PICTURES FROM THE MEETING: