UNITED NATIONS OFFICE AT NAIROBI (UNON) – The UN Headquarters in Africa
TENDER NOTICE – REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) – EOI/UNON/16/063
BENEFICIARY COUNTRY: Somaliland
DESCRIPTION: Provision of Construction Services for the Upgrading of Geed
Deeble Wellfield Lot 1 and Lot 2, Hargeisa Urban Water
Supply Upgrading Project (HUWSUP)
DATE OF THIS EOI: 31 October 2016
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF EOI: 8 December 2016
Description of Requirements:
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from competent and qualified companies for the provision of water infrastructure construction services for the completion of the Ged Deeble Wellfield Collector System (Lot 1 and Lot 2) under the Hargeisa Urban Water Supply Upgrading Project (HUWSUP).
The work will take place in Hargeisa, Somaliland. The scope of the tender to be issued from the subject EOI comprises the replacement of the wellfield collector pipework that connects the existing Geed Deeble boreholes to the new Geed Deeble Pumping Station (22km North of Hargeisa), in order to enhance the capacity of the system and accommodate a significant increase in the volume of water produced for Hargeisa City. This includes, but is not limited to the following works:
- Construction of Wellfield Collector 1 (WFC 1), connecting existing wells K13 through K07 to the new Ged Deeble Pumping Station (approximately 8,050 m of DI and PE pipework, including the initial 70m of WFC 2)
- Construction of 7 single borehole connections (feeders) to the new WFC 1 (approximately 1,300 m); • Replacement of above ground hydraulic equipment for 7 existing wells, and
- Related civil works.
For the implementation of the Lot 1 works, the UN will provide the Contractor with given quantities (approximately
6.7km) of DI standard straight pipes (300-400mm), covering most of the required material to be laid. Any possible required balance of DI, all required PE-pipes, valves and fittings, and any other materials are to be procured by the Contractor.
- Construction of Wellfield Collector 2 (WFC 2), connecting existing wells K08 through K03 to the new Ged Deeble Pumping Station (ca. 2,280 m );
- Construction of 2 single borehole connections (feeders) for K05 and K06 to new GDPS (ca. 2,100 m); • Replacement of above ground hydraulic equipment for 5 existing wells, and
- Related civil works
For the implementation of the Lot 2 works, all required PE-pipes, and any other materials are to be procured by the Contractor.
The UN reserves the right to split all services by Lots and/or packages. Additional details, specifications and terms of reference shall be provided in the tender document to be issued subsequent to this EOI.
Prequalification of Vendors
In consideration of the criticality of the project, the UN shall undertake a mandatory tender prequalification exercise to establish a list of prequalified bidders for potential inclusion in the tender invitee list. To be considered for prequalification evaluation, interested Contractors must submit sufficient detail responses to each prequalification criterion listed below, along with the EOI response form. Failure to submit the required details per criterion with documentary evidence may be prejudicial to a contractor’s eligibility to participate in the subsequent related tender exercise, at the UN’s sole discretion.
- Proven track record of operating in least developed and post conflict environments that have limited or no local resources. Attach a company profile demonstrating at least five (5) years of experience operating in similar environments, of no more than two (2) pages.
- Quality and operational standards that the organisation employs to ensure effective performance. Please provide copy of ISO Certification (or equivalent), or Quality Management Program.
- Registration at UNGM Level 2 with the UN Secretariat (http://www.un.org/Depts/ptd//vendors/vendorregistration–0). More information on the UNGM registration process can be obtained from ungm.org and UNON (via email to Naomi.Njuno@unon.org).
- Experience as a prime contractor in the construction of at least three (3) projects of similar scope and complexity over the last ten (10) years. To comply with this requirement, projects cited should be at least 70% complete. Contractor must also attach a list and value of all contracts successfully completed as the prime contractor over this period including client contact details (company name, contact name, official email and phone number). Certificates of Completion for the completed projects or employer/client progress reports for the ongoing ones must be provided by the Contractor (attached to EOI response form). For the purpose of this EOI, the expression “similar in scope and complexity” shall mean projects including the following characteristics:
- Pipe laying or installation of 10 kilometres or more of 400 mm or above diameter DI or similar pipes with mechanical components (valves, fittings, surge tanks, etc) for water supply (at least 2 Projects);
- Projects in remote locations and similar environments like the project area, in terms of road accessibility, logistics, power, water supply, security, accommodation, resources, access to materials anmd equipment, etc (at least 1 Project).
- Registration certificate from a relevant body from the country of origin. Registration can be with an institute, public works authority of governmental ministry;
- Make a statement and/or provide proof that within the past five (5) years the Contractor has:
- Not had a contract terminated for cause or default;
- Not been (a) convicted of a willful violation or (b) issued a willful violation citation by an organization with jurisdiction;
- Been operational as an active contractor;
- Not been in bankruptcy, reorganization and/or receivership;
- Been duly registered and licensed as a civil works and water infrastructure building contractor;
- Not been disqualified by any government or international organization from being awarded and/or participating in public contracts.
Note: if any of point 1, 2, 4 or 6 above is applicable, or any of point 3 or 5 above is not applicable, the Contractor must explain the circumstances surrounding each event identified above.
Please note that this EOI is not an invitation for submission of tenders. Its purpose is to identify companies that would be interested and eligible to participate in the solicitation when issued. Companies interested in providing the above services should submit a completed Vendor Response Form including their pre-qualification documentation. Vendor response forms are available from Margaret.firstname.lastname@example.org and can also be collected from the UN-Habitat HUWSUP Project Office at Hargeisa Water Agency and the UN-Habitat Somaliland Office in Hargeisa.
UNON will examine the outcome of this request for EOI and will consider those companies that have expressed their interest providing the required information as to their ability to fulfill the requirement. UNON reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. Thus, submitting a reply to this EOI does not automatically guarantee your company will be considered for receipt of the solicitation when issued.
The Hargeisa Urban Water Supply Upgrading Project (HUWSUP) is implemented by UN-Habitat, in collaboration with Hargeisa Water Agency and the Somaliland Ministry of Water Resources.
Click the link below to download PDF file